STORE is delighted to present an intensive 5 day Masterclass with Hajime Kinoko.
Weds January 28th 2015 to Sunday February 1st.
Hajime Kinoko is a young and extremely talented rigger from Tokyo who excels in the traditional style of kinbaku, but also raises attention through innovative ideas and contemporary interpretations. He masters not only an excellent technique but also has a reputation for dramatic live acts. Notwithstanding a distinct feel for form and aesthetics, for Kinoko the rope is only a means to an end: for him the essence of Shibari is revealed in the elegance and beauty of suffering.
Hajime Kinoko‘s web site: http://shibari.jp/
- The exact topics for each day will be announced in advance and should be available 01/10/14.
- This class will be for intermediate to advanced students only.
- Floorwork, partial and full suspension will be taught. You should have your own rope and hardware for this.
- The venue location will be confirmed and passed on to attendees. It will be in Glasgow City Centre within easy walking distance of major train stations and bus routes.
- Tickets will be sold as Part One and Part Two to allow the payment to be split. The tickets are £600 in total.It is not possible to buy single day tickets. All attendees must purchase Part One and Part Two by 31/12/14 at the very latest.If you do not purchase both tickets by this time your order will be cancelled and the class place released to another person.
As usual, STORE is running the workshop in a non-profit model. All monies received are going towards the cost of Mr Hajime’s time and travel, an interpreter and a venue able to take a class of this size and still allow for suspension points. If any money is gained it remains within STORE and is re-invested into other educational events.
If you think the charge is excessive it is worth considering that the only other way to get this level of closely supervised tuition from a Japanese Kinbaku Expert is to fly to Japan and book lessons. When we researched it, it was approx £2000 to get to Japan either with your partner, or fly alone and hire a local model, get somewhere to stay and have meals for 5 days. The cost of hiring the teacher is not included in this sum either. This would be £100+ph
We anticipate people considering travelling from areas other than Strathclyde to attend the class. We welcome visitors! You may wish to slightly delay booking accomodation however as if we get a lot of “out of town” people we will try and billet people with local attendees or arrange a group holiday apartment to keep the costs down.
If you would be interested in either group accomodation or staying with one of our local team please get in touch by email.